Nursery Reveal

One of my favorite things to see on blogs are before & afters.
And although I do not have any children of my own (yet!), nurseries are no exception.
Last week I mentioned I was taking a trip to Arizona to visit my sister-in-law Savanna and to get her nursery all decorated for when their little girl comes into this world.

So without further adieu, here a few before pictures:




And here are the afters:


We took An Ikea dresser and replaced the knobs for a more original look.


DIY flag garland.


We utilized this unused bench by recovering the top with a simple grey fabric and added storage baskets on the bottom. 



My Mom (who is a die hard quilter) made this rag quilt for the baby.




This shade was originally a bright green color.
We used an acrylic, all purpose paint to give it a fresh pink coat. 






The gallery wall is a combination of DIY artwork, Etsy prints, and Fabric.



We used an Ikea curtain (MERTE) and fused a pink ribbon for a colorful border.









We transformed a basic black mirror by painting it to tie in with the rest of the color scheme.





It was interesting having to fuse function with design.
 I typically don't know what a proper nursery consists of since I don't have any children. 
Definitely a great learning experience for myself!