Baby Shower!

I've been meaning to put up pictures of the baby shower
we had for my sister-in-law Savanna a couple of weeks ago.
I love this girl dearly and when she asked if I would decorate it for her, I was so happy!
I had never decorated for a baby shower before so I hit up Google for some ideas.

Here's a few pictures of the shower:




The platters are actually candlesticks and plates glued together.
I then spray painted them hot pink.

This was a fun activity I actually found on Martha Stewart's site.
The guests are suppose to guess the baby's arrival date and pin it on the board.
I used an old canvas I had laying around and covered it in fabric.
(I recommend putting some type of batting or foam in between so the pins will slide in easier)
For the dates, I hand stenciled them with basic fabric paint I picked up at Michaels.
I made the the flags from scrapbook paper that I cut out and glued the sides together around floral pins.

Handmade flag garland I used in the nursery.




I purchased the pink straws on Etsy here.
The guest seemed to love them and they were a cute extra detail.


And here is the lovely mother-to-be and myself.

I had so much fun decorating for this party!
Now I just need to convince a few more of my friends to start having babies so I can start planning the next one!
And if anyone is interested in seeing the nursery I helped Savanna decorate for the baby, click here.