Thrifty Tips

Has anyone picked up a copy of Laura Spencer's, I Brake For Yard Sales?


I'm still waiting to get my hands on it but MSN Living featured
a few rooms she put together using vintage/used items all while using a limited budget.
These are honestly my favorite types of makeovers because it takes true talent to turn something old and ugly into new and refreshing.

Here are a few of her rooms:

She offers a lot of great tips on what to use while on a budget.
Here, she found original art for $75. Compare that to a well known artist who charges in the hundreds or even the thousands and you've saved yourself quite a bit.


Another trick up her sleeve is hunting for deals on the Internet.
She found these designer nightstands on Ebay for only $135 a piece.

Everyone knows a great solution to unattractive fabric.
Reupholster! (Just like I had these chairs redone here)

And here the chairs are in a fun plaid print:

It's hard to believe that almost everything in this room was a thrift find!
I need to be more like this woman!!



Last but not least, the coveted campaign furniture...

(Very similar to my dresser, here)




Loving the inspiration!
Everyone needs to own a copy of this book!
Click here to buy it at Amazon.com