My House: Reading Nook


What was formally known as the teeny, tiny office has become a sitting nook right outside our bedroom. This space has always been hard to address because of the odd shape and small size. 
I slowly collected things from around the house that I wasn't using like my chair, nesting tables and lamp so I didn't have to spend anything to create this space. Free makeover!





I've had this faux bamboo mirror sitting in my basement for a year 
so I gave it a fresh coat of white paint.
To give it some interest, I hand painted the inside a bright teal.




We recessed a book shelf for some extra storage.






For some cheap art I bought a calendar with some colorful pictures and framed them on the wall leading down the stairs.



Drum shade pendant is another thrift store find.


One more space done on my quest to finish decorating my house!